Rotational molding technology enables Engiplas to offer a wider range of materials in a larger assortment of shapes and sizes.
In this pressure - free process, powder resin is charged into a hollow metal cavity. The cavity is rotated bi-axially while heated inside the oven in a fully thermal controlled process. Then, the metal cavity is cooled down and opened. The resulting product is a solid seamless plastic / Fluoroplastic member.
The most common applications are solid hollow parts, such as bottles, tanks, fittings and housings. The range of materials provided by rotational molding bridges technical and the commercial factors.
The production process is coordinated together with the customer.
Main key features
- Stressless processing
- Unlimited product design
- Seamless construction
- Light and heavy walls
- Light weight
- Opaque and transparent products
- FDA compliant
- Molds sizes up to 2 meters x 2 meters (80 inch x 80 inch)
- Items larger than this are made from segments
- Wall thickness up to 20mm
- Reinforcing rings
- Molded threads
- Molded nozzles
- Molded inserts
- Molded holes
- Molded undercuts
- Two layer system
- PFA and MFA – Used for extreme corrosion conditions and / or high purity applications
- ETFE and PVDF - Used for harsh corrosion conditions
- Nylong, HDPE and PP - Used for moderate corrosion conditions
- XLPE - Used for moderate corrosion conditions with abrasion